Below, you will find answers to two types of queries:
- Questions about the structure, use, and development of Success at the Core
- Technical questions, including questions about playing video
Structure, Use, and Development Questions:
How are the Leadership Development modules structured?
Read the Leadership Development Overview (accessed from About the Materials
) for information on the structure
of the modules.
What is the content of each Leadership Development module?
The Leadership Development Overview (accessed from About the Materials
) includes a chart with each module’s
outcome and learning goals.
How can I prepare for the role of facilitator?
Start by reviewing the Facilitator Overview and other information found on the Facilitator
How are the Teacher Development strategies structured?
Read the Teacher Development Overview (accessed from About the Materials
) for information on the structure
of each strategy.
How can I use the Teacher Development strategies?
Visit the User
for ideas on exploring the strategies individually, one-on-one, and
in small- and large-groups.
How does Success at the Core intend to impact student achievement?
Read Our Theory of Action
to learn more about how Success at the Core’s
materials can improve student
Have these materials been evaluated by independent researchers? If so, what did
the evaluators report?
Review Pilot Evaluation
for details on the project’s evaluation findings.
Who developed Success at the Core?
Visit Who We Are
on our team.
What schools are featured in the videos?
information on the six filmed middle schools.
How did Success at the Core come to be?
Read Our Story
more about the project’s history.
Do I need to register to use the site?
For full access to all of the site’s content, you do need to register here
. It is free, easy, and secure.
What should I do if video playback quality is less than ideal?
Success at the Core
strives to deliver the best possible viewing experience.
Several factors, however, can result in choppy playback, including network speed,
computer processing power, and memory. In order to have the optimal experience with our site,
we recommend using Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) as your web browser.
We also recommend a download/connection speed of 15 MBPS or higher.
Why videos might look choppy:
Video playback depends on a variety of different factors, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Service Provider you are using
- Your connection speed
- The web browser you are using
- Your geographical location (rural or extremely populated areas)
- The speed of the computer that you are using
- Your video card
- Wireless networking vs. plugging into your router
- Total number of devices in your network such as other computers and
- Internet-connected appliances
Whatever the issue might be, below are some steps you can take to try and optimize your viewing experience.
Things to consider if your videos are choppy:
- Recommended - 15 MBPS download/connection speed or higher
- For optimal site experience please use Internet Explorer
- Clear your browser’s cache
- Click this link for a step by step guide on how to clear your cache
- Close out of your browser and reopen
- Close other programs that you might have running simultaneously
- If other devices are connected to a wireless hub (ipad, mobile device, printer etc…) consider stopping their connection
- Consider upgrading your video card
- Upgrade your internet connection to a faster speed
What should I do if the video will not play at all?
If the videos will not play on your computer at all, a strong firewall could be
blocking the video content. Ask the IT Administrator at the location where you are
viewing the website to unblock content from
(where the videos are stored). This should allow the
videos to play.
Which Web browsers does Success at the Core support?
The website is designed to function on Internet Explorer 7 and up, Firefox 3 and
up, and Safari 4+.
the site to enrich your experience with video and enhance other features.
Do I need to enable Cookies?
Yes, Cookies must be enabled in your Web browser. Cookies are required to maintain
your session from page-to-page as you traverse the Success at the Core
What is the minimum screen resolution to access Success at the Core?
Your monitor must be set at a minimum of 1024x768 pixels to properly view the website.
How can I change my display resolution?
On a PC:
- Right-click an empty area of your Desktop and select Properties (XP) or Personalize
- Click the Settings tab (XP) or the Display Settings option (Vista/Win7)
- Drag the Screen Resolution slider to the right to increase your resolution to a
minimum of 1024x768
On a MAC:
- Open System Preferences from the Dock or from the Apple Menu
- Click the Display Panel and choose the Display Tab
- Select from the list of resolutions to increase your resolution to a minimum size
Why can’t I use certain features on the site? I push a button and nothing happens.
There may be two explanations for not being able to use a feature:
- Certain content on the site is only available to registered users. Register here. Registration is free and easy!
What do I have to do to open handouts, guides, and other PDF files?
You must download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files on the website.
You can download the latest
version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
What do I do if my technical questions are not answered in these FAQs?
If you do not see your problem addressed, please